Call for Participants: March Static at Rising Festival!
Call for Participants
Calling all Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Low Brass, Percussion and Drum players to participate in March Static, community musicians and secondary students welcome.
Composed by internationally acclaimed composer Thomas Meadowcroft (AU/DE), March Static is a stunning roaming work for massed wind/low brass and percussion/drum players, developed in collaboration with two luminary figures in new music: Eugene Ughetti (AU, percussion) and Claire Chase (US, flutes). In this performance, a massed team of wind/low brass and percussion/drum players will overtake the foyers and Elisabeth Murdoch Hall at the Melbourne Recital Centre on Thursday June 15.
We are seeking volunteer participants who play flute, clarinet, saxophone, low brass, percussion and drums at an equivalent minimum AMEB Grade 2 standard. Music notation reading skills are required.
– perform at RISING, an international arts festival, in the world class venue, Melbourne Recital Centre
– be mentored by and perform alongside new music pioneers Speak Percussion
– explore new music, choreography and performance techniques
– be provided light refreshments around rehearsal and performance periods
– be provided commemorative merchandise / performance t shirt
– have access to Artist Rush tickets from the Melbourne Recital Centre (purchase up to two tickets (for yourself and a guest) at $15 each to MRC Presented Events. Offer is available from 48 hours prior to the concert)
Wind/low brass players will need to provide their own instruments. Wired earbuds are required but can be provided by Speak Percussion upon request. Speak will provide radio receivers, printed sheet music and lyres for all performers. Speak may be able to provide drums for percussionists if assistance is required.
|April 29||12pm – 3pm||Darebin Arts Centre||Rehearsal 1|
|June 3||12pm – 3pm||Melbourne Recital Centre||Rehearsal 2|
|June 10||12pm – 3pm||Melbourne Recital Centre||Rehearsal 3|
|June 14||6pm – 9pm||Melbourne Recital Centre||Dress Rehearsal|
|June 15||6.30pm – 9.30pm||Melbourne Recital Centre||Performance|
To apply to take part in ‘Sonic Eclipse’ as a volunteer performer, please complete the online application form found here:
For assistance with your application or to request further information, please contact Biddy Connor ([email protected]).
Applications must be received by 5pm, Wednesday 12 April 2023.
Image credit: Aimee Schollum